Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Irish Overload...



I promise this might be the last St. Patrick's Day related post...maybe. Let me start off by saying I LOVE the corned beef tacos at Hooley's I was skeptical at first but all it took was one bite and I was a fan...Thank you Andrei! I REALLY whole heartedly feel that I gave them a run for their money tonight in the corned beef taco category.

Megan and I ran to the store and picked up every ingredient to make tacos...minus the corned beef that I had already flubbed on this morning. And a few beverages. Not to get off subject but if you are a fan of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat...Which Chris and Andrea I know you are. Cherry Wheat and Guinness Black and Tan style...PREEETY damn tasty...if you are into that kind of stuff.

Back to it...White corn tortillas lightly buttered, lightly salted, slapped in a frying pan just to get them slightly crunchy, Shredded cabbage, Slow cooked shredded corned beef, Mexican blend shredded cheese, Diced tomatoes, Chopped cilantro, Diced yellow onion, two small dollops of Crema Mexicana Agria, Topped with green onions and a few drizzles of Cholula...Thrown together street taco style...I can't even begin to describe how amazing this was tonight!

No comments: