Friday, December 10, 2010

Way Too Many Visits To Kaiser Lately...

If I don't win the Kaiser Permanente "Patient of the Year" award I am going to be a little disappointed.

Long Version:
I get home from work, love up the puppies, hassle Murphy, wash the dishes and I was moving on to the drying portion of my dish doing process. I was holding a wine glass...the base in my left hand and I was drying the outside of the bowl with my right hand aaaaaand *SNAP* the stem cracks in half, stabs me in the meaty portion of left thumb and slices straight up. Wine glass hits the floor and shatters...Awesome. Super clean cut and deep to match. Wrapped it in a paper towel and applied pressure with some electrical tape...got the bleeding to stop. Grabbed my stuff and cruised into Kaiser @ 8pm...Had all of the normal mix-ups and flubs that always seem to happen with Kaiser. It's never really the actual work they do, it's more of the administrative mix-ups and people not really listening to what you are telling them. Soooo...5 hours, a nerve block, local anesthesia, 4 stitches, a ton of gauze and I was on my way. I have had more nerve blocks and stitches in the past 5 weeks then I have ever had in all my years.

Not at all how I had envisioned my Thursday evening.

Short Version:
Cut my thumb got 4 stitches...Sucked.




Numbed and Bleeding...






Football Thumb...



Gauze Thumbs Up...

2 comments:

Ryno said...

That is one of the most awesome thumbs-up I have ever seen.

And why were you doing Megan's job anyway?

;o

Living it right said...

Personally I would have told people I was hitchhiking and got attacked by Ninjas, but that;s me...