Thursday, November 6, 2008

Single wheel trailer...



















So my pops hits me up about this Allstate single wheel trailer he found for sale from a buddy. He tells me, "It's really kind of random and odd...so I thought of you." Hahahah....aaaand he was right super random and I love it! I'd never heard of them...apparently they are popular in the VW scene. They are belived to have been manufactured form the 40's to the 60's. Two arms mount to your bumper brackets and the trailer pivots off of the single back wheel that is set up with a single spring suspension system. Looks like this one was set up with some bed stakes. Again...Super random and super excited to get my hands on this thing...looks AWESOME! The rusty trailer in photos is the trailer through my pops cell phone...needs some love...looking forward to that...and I was looking for an excuse to use undercoating on another project! Although thin wood bed strips on top of the ribs would be pretty slick too...damn! The really nice trailers in the photos I nabbed from http://www.singlewheel.com/ check em out.





And I found these videos of similar trailers...You get the idea.

1 comment:

Jrahn said...

pretty good man, you are gonna have to get another garage dude.